Sunday, October 3, 2010
Journal #5- Sloan text
After reading and looking at the hypertext I realized I liked the written text better. Though it was nice to see pictures, I feel I got more from the text. I became distracted when I was at the website I would read a little bit then I would look at the picture and click on a new link, I ended up going back and forth to the links multiple times before I finished. I don't necessarily like to read a bunch of text all at once but the written wasn't that much and I feel I was able to get through it much quicker than the hypertext which I found more beneficial because I don't like to waste time. I did like that you got to see the pictures and understand better what the text was talking about but I'm one of those people that always thinks the book is better than the movie because I like to picture it myself and leave up to my imagination. From my point of view I think both have there strong points and I think which you like better really depends what kind of reader and person you are because everyone has a different way of learning. The hypertext and the written text were also different in the sense not everything talked about in the hypertext was in the written, it gave you different details which I thought was both good and bad, I thought it was good because this way if you read both you were still something out it but also bad because if you just read one your not getting the full story. Overall I think reading both helps you understand the written text better and gives more of an insight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment